Wednesday 22 February 2012

Sexual Abstinence- 40 Days, 40 Nights

When I heard Lent was coming up, I sat down and thought what I should give up this year.
I will be the last person to claim that I am a religious man, with mixed opinions on my religious views, and a somewhat undecided standing, I will not even pretend that I am an annual Lent participant. However, I really do appreciate peoples participation in this annual time, and the deeper reason behind it. When doing a bit of research on the matter, my eyes were opened, and I have grown some what fond of this passage of time in fact. During Lent there is a some what unity between the people participating, each with their own battle against their sacrificed vices, and in todays modern age, any extra unity in our community is great.

After much deliberation, I have decided to be sexually abstinent in all forms for the 40 Days and 40 Nights of Lent. There is no way to describe this as an easy task, and thus I think it will make a fantastic event to blog about, sharing experiences and awkward public boner moments. But what this will give me is time to live life without the constant distraction of women that most men face. It will be time to clear my head from the working out the conundrum that is the womans mind, and with this I am actually looking forward to the experience.
A few mates have now joined me on this crazy little task, and I will be bringing to you views of both females and males as they complete this. Will the males outlast the females? Will anyone crack? It is going to be interesting, that is for sure, so sit back, and enjoy.

Day 1:

Today is Day 1. Nothing out of the ordinary what so ever, and I would in fact be quite worried if there was. That would be a worrying sign of what the next 40 days are to bring. The biggest tingle I feel in fact is that I actually need to pee.

What I am keen for though, is an opinion of whoever reads this. Give me feedback, give me thoughts, make a bet on how long I will last. Whatever, keen for some interaction.

Anyway guys and girls, Day 1 almost down, and going strong.....

2 comments:

  1. my first day, for me is super hard. All I can think about is ... well but I guess is just the abstinence syndrome hope tomorrow is better

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first day, for me is super hard. All I can think about is ... well but I guess is just the abstinence syndrome hope tomorrow is better

    ReplyDelete